Ye Olde Linoleum Shoppe

Thursday 22 March 2012

FAREWELL MOEBIUS (1938-2012)

Another one of my all time favourite artists has died, Jean Giraud (aka Moebius) - I didn't even know he was ill . . . Giraud was an exceptional comics artist (exceptional in the mode of artists like Hiroshige), apart from comics he worked on the design of many films (eg. Alien, Tron and The Fifth Element,) his influence is clear in Blade Runner and Star wars (Lucas was a big fan - as was Frederico Fellini,) and when he put pen to paper magic just spilled out.


He had a thing for hats too - drew a lot of wonderful hats . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello

My photo
Ireland
I am a descended from a long line of conga dancers. I occasionally wear shoes. I gave up going to the toilet twenty years ago - it's a filthy habit. I have a pet bunny called Mucky - he's a filthy rabbit.

AND NOW FOR SOME SHAMELESSLY DIMINUTIVE FACES IN SMALL SQUARE BOXES